Thursday, July 19, 2012

I had a bit of an Antiques Roadshow (English version) moment on the weekend, attending my first-ever antiques and collectables fair.

Dubbo's fair is predominantly hosted by Rotaract, which I've been a part of since the start of the year, so we were there doing our bit by selling entry and raffle tickets. It's Rotaract's biggest annual fundraiser so I was sure to do what I could on my one day off. Rugs were needed underneath the tables for the constant breeze coming in but everyone was in good spirits.

***

I'd decided to get an early interview done to have for the week at work so while waiting for our weekend photographer to rock up after my Rotaract duties were done, I went in to have a look.

I had $35 in my wallet and I spent all of it.


But it was on a few things! Two lovely floral cake plates for $10 each which will go nice with some white coffee cups I bought from the auction at my soccer club's trivia night, a pair of love heart mosaic earrings for $10 and a necklace with a mother of pearl pendant for $5.

Both jewellery pieces were from the same stall, a company from the Gold Coast. He claimed most items were 50 years or older - while I don't know if I believe that for the earrings, I do for the necklace. It makes me think of faraway places with the palm trees, I love it.

Have you ever found any antique bargains?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment