Sunday, August 12, 2012

A year ago today, I was home.

I decided to stay in the car for a considerable time after being driven home from the airport. I couldn't believe that I was back.

Eventually I made my way in, and by the end of the day I was already starting to feel like I was back into the swing of things a little bit. There was plenty to catch up on, namely doing my tax return.

But that wasn't to be. Not having everything I needed, I left that for another day and decided then was as good a time as any to see what journalist jobs were out there. Seek had one going for a journalist in Queensland somewhere, I think for the ABC, and then also one for a cadet journalist at a paper called the Daily Liberal, in Dubbo in New South Wales...

I wonder how that turned out...

***
Things change so much in the space of 12 months. I grew after 2010 having had my eyes forced open to the world, and then even more so on this day in 2011. In 2012 I find myself in a place I sometimes doubted I'd be. But I'm very happy I've made it to this point and been given opportunities to learn - and while much of me yearns to have the freedom of endless travel, reality isn't so bad.

--------
That concludes the A Year Ago Today series. I hope you've enjoyed reading about my travel exploits and felt you've seen some of the world with me. Keep checking in to see what life throws my way - same Bat-time, same Bat-place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment