Tuesday, August 21, 2012

It's that time of year where I have to pay my car insurance, and it's a lot. I still haven't done my tax return but I dare say it would take out a very large chunk of that sum.
Thankfully, it's a simple payment, done either in person or online. Nothing compared to the horrors of last month where I had to pay for my registration and the other part of insurance (which actually still confuses me a whole lot, now that I think about it I sincerely hope I'm not doubling up).


In short, living in NSW is a BITCH for this.

Your green slip (right) and certificate of registration with sticker (top left) are sent out to you. But before paying those off you have to obtain a safety check/pink slip (bottom left) by going to a mechanic and forking out some dough. Once that approval's sent to the department, you pay for the green slip side. Then you have to wait at least an hour for that info to be sent to the department before you can pay for the general payment and put your new sticker on.
Because I had to be somewhere within the hour I couldn't even finish the job. The whole process took me a ENTIRE DAY. Just to pay for my annual car registration. You can only pay for six months or a year (not like the 3-month option many pay in SA), so between these three payments it was a LOT. More than what a year's worth in SA would've been too.

There's even a green slip site to help people deal with the confusion of it all and make sure they're paying correctly. It's clearly an issue when it gets to that point.
The whole thing drained me hardcore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment