Friday, August 17, 2012

A few things to tackle on this wonderful Friday. Wonderful because I feel inspired since the Olympics, getting back into routine and looking ahead to the future. The only thing to dampen my spirits was the realisation I'll miss Soundwave's most awesome lineup ever in its short history because my $1 Jetstar flight goes to Brisbane as their show comes to an end. And then Sydney's is the next day. Epic. Fail.

Plenty has happened this week, some of which you'll be reading about in the coming days. For now, a few tidbits.

***


It's back.

I wanted to write about it only once all the housemates had gone in, so here we are. It's been a few days now, and for the first part all the girls were screaming over the top of one another which annoyed me to no end. While that's somewhat settled down, I'm not sure if I've really warmed to anyone yet.


I do like that for the resident "wog" (this year of Greek-Lebanese origin), George seems really chilled compared to previous loudmouths that haven't lasted long. I've always thought I could represent Greek Australians well (and maybe I will next year after this year's failed attempt), but I think this guy will go a long way.


Ray's first impression did not go down so well with me at all, but I think he's starting to redeem himself. Waiting on what Charne's going to do, I think these days I'd be like her and observe a bit rather than jump right in to be heard. That's surprising coming out of my mouth.

Still weirded out that it's on Channel Nine, keep switching to Ten anticipating it's on there. Glad it's been kept relatively similar so far, although I'm interested to see how people will react knowing George is the millionaire. I can't pick who the genius is. Either way, I'm going to stick it out, I'm so glad it's come back.

***

To more TV-related babble now, and I just wanted to pay my respects to Ridge Forrester.


The Sydney Morning Herald's best article for the week gave a beautiful eulogy to the B&B great. Even as an irregular watcher, I admire, respect and acknowledge that no-one could do the longing stares or forgive a whore better than he could. Vale.

***

And to my shoe of the week, which of course usually takes precedence on Fridays - and they spelt the title wrong. It's hard to comprehend where anyone would ever wear these. Although it makes me want to eat mangoes in the sun.


***

Plus I got a surprise package from my mum as I got home tonight, major win. I was excited so took a photo... as I do. You can view the goodies here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment