Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Staying on the path in 2013

I was at Sydney Airport for four-and-a-half hours today in coming back to Dubbo after a (my first) Christmas break at home, so while I usually have time to relax on New Year's Day for reflection on the past year, it was today instead that I took the liberty to assess what I felt I had accomplished and could improve on.

For the record, this trip to Adelaide was my longest (at 10 days) and the one that's been the most important so far. It got me thinking of 2012's ups and downs, how things were getting to me sometimes for feeling isolated or what I've self-diagnosed as an increase in my anxiety. Looking at some books in my bedroom over there, I found myself grabbing this:


My memory's a bit of a shocker these days, so I don't remember who bought this for me (I know it was a present, maybe from an aunty?), but this pocket book contains a series of affirmations to help you... well, stay on the path.

On the path to what? A higher sense of being? Complete happiness? I don't know that I'll ever get to both of those (there will always be complications in life and that is something I readily accept), but perhaps this will help me attain a status close to those. Wayne W Dyer is one of the best in the self-help field so I'm putting myself in his hands.

You can tell I'm all reflective given it's a new year, can't you?

So I've decided to make 2013 a year of affirmations. A page a day for the year, posted on here to help me and you make it a positive 12 months.

For the first two days of the year I will present two affirmations. The first is a great way to look at our lives in general, fitting for the start of a new year.

All of us are on our own paths, doing exactly what we know how to do at the moment, given the conditions in our lives.

Today's:

The measure of your life will not be in what you accumulate, but in what you give away.

I will be generous and care less for material possession. Dubbo has taught me about the latter somewhat - you don't need too much to get by.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment