Monday, August 27, 2012

The Americas

Oh deary me.

After watching the Olympics and reading about my friend Luke's amazing two-week sporting extravaganza over there, I was excited. Excited about really wanting to get out somewhere for ages again. Doing something on a big scale like seeing sporting events day in, day out for ages.

Sporting events...

BRAZIL 2014.

I mentioned this briefly at the end of the Games, and this week I decided to do my research for the next World Cup.

Unfortunately, in the words of a travel agent, I was just a little too keen.

Not much has been revealed in terms of tours (I did discover the Fanatics are taking interest already for theirs though, that would be fun), and flights and accommodation for that time aren't released until next year.

That didn't stop the agent from telling me all about possible tours I could do around South America before or after the event. After all, there's so much to see - I wouldn't just go for the soccer, right?


The pictures in the Intrepid catalogue alone transported me to another world, the intense colour in every shot just drew me in. They really pop, so beautiful. And they do Antartica!

***

Slight tangent: a few weeks ago my mother tells me the household's latest revelation.

My dad apparently wants to go to Antartica in two years time.

He watched this series of videos about people who had toured and apparently it's something he wants to do. Now, whether this is still the case in a year is up for debate... but 2014 is in two years time as well. So it makes total sense for me to want to go to the World Cup so then I can get down to Argentina and get the departure with Dad to Antartica. Making sense? Gosh, how wild would that be if I managed to pull it off?

***

If I do commit to saving up for the World Cup, that means any overseas trip next year is a no-go (although, maybe somewhere in south-east Asia could stick if I really had an itch). This particularly affects my pre-Olympic idea which I got rather excited about; while I was home, I was thinking of the USA because Topdeck had just announced their first itineraries there in 20 years...



...and while I'm sad because this is 99.9 per cent on the backburner, I got the agent to pass me a brochure over anyway. Since she was there and all.

Oh deary me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment