Monday, April 30, 2012

He is watching you. Not me.

I was meant to make the trip to Penrith in Sydney's outer west yesterday which from Dubbo is about five hours away.

I was planning to present myself with a filled-out application form for Big Brother auditions.




But as I'm talking in a negative tense, I didn't go.

Excited to hear Big Brother Australia was coming back from a significant hiatus (although on a different channel with a host many aren't happy about), it was finally my chance to be eligible.

But filling out the form, I didn't feel as positive about the idea as I thought I would. I'm stable in life and live in a much smaller place where the repurcussions would be more sorely felt. Not that I would do anything really stupid, but people easily create rumours and negative innuendo and my work would be affected. And I really didn't want to miss out on my soccer game if I was doing it half-heartedly.

The perfect years for me to apply were those it had left Australian screens.

I was a bit disappointed because I've always wanted to go on this show over anything else on TV. I consider the concept the ultimate social experiment and I think I'd be an amazing BB contestant. At least, I've told I would be.

I will watch this year's season with interest to see how differently it's handled. I'm more comfortable going into this with a bit more wisdom and confidence under my belt, if I ever decide to get to an audition.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment