Sunday, January 27, 2013

Men's final. Felt nauseous for some of it because of Andy Murray's growing pain becoming quite visible. Didn't have the extreme intensity of last year (but that's huge to ever live up to). Was actually going for Murray so my favourtism wasn't in my favour.


When I explain more about my first live Australian Open experience (which I've been slack in doing, I apologise), you'll know I saw Murray twice. I didn't see Novak Djokovic in Melbourne, so it would've been nice to have seen the player who made their way to championship victory. But it wasn't to be.

The opening set was promising. So too was set two really - but then was where we saw Murray started to show a slight physical letdown. We did get a long game, and it was by no means one-sided. Just upsetting to watch knowing, as Jim Courier put it, that Murray's body was betraying him.


Djokovic had a great run though. He was well tested by Wawrinka, but his game is just unbeatable at this point, so I guess well-deserved.

***

Women's final. Victoria Azarenka was really the most hated woman for a bit there wasn't she? At least with her I can say I saw her on the way to victory.

Just want to say that game was probably the most interesting I've ever seen, with the Li Na ankle dramas and that. She held up pretty well, but not enough.

Meanwhile...


Who saw the post-championship interview where Redfoo joined Azarenka in the 7 studio? Awkward much? They are SUCH an odd pairing. What's more odd is that his dad apparently founded Motown Records. And he's half of LMFAO. Go figure.

***

That's all for now. I can't believe it's over again for another year. Look forward to divulging a bit to you in the coming days though!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment