Monday, January 14, 2013

The need for more must go

Saturday's affirmation was a pretty noticeable one:

Your suffering comes from needing things to be different. When you stop that, your suffering stops. You can want things, but it is the needing that must go.

I'm still feeling pretty good about things two weeks into the year. Perhaps that's because I'm on a tennis-filled adventure right now but all is well.

This does speak to me though.


There are times in my life where I don't feel... satisfied. Saying that makes me think of Allison in the d&m scene in The Breakfast Club but it's true. There have been days I feel I'm not doing enough with myself, which is really stupid, but I guess that's an uncertainty I have to get under control.

Moral: I don't need things to be different. I have a good life.

***

Life is an attitude. It's what you choose to believe, always.

***

Today's was more of a story than an affirmation:

When my daughter Tracy came home in the second grade and said, "Billy doesn't like me, Billy doesn't like me." I responded, "Do you like you?" Tracy said, "Yes." Then I replied, "Well, that's all you've got."

You see, even at seven years of age, a person shouldn't get the idea that anyone elses's reactions to you need to get you down in anyway.

***
What are these?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment