Monday, January 28, 2013

Last week's affirmations

Playing catch-up tonight because I've been slowly getting back into routine properly. Still finding it hard with the heat (just feel like doing nothing, it's ridiculous), but I am committed to seeing my affirmations, and blogs in general, through.

From last Sunday, this is what I've been reading and reaffirming.

If you choose not to respect your sense of justice, you choose not to respect yourself, and you will soon end up wondering how much your life is really worth.

If you want to be confident but don't normally act that way, then today, just this once, act in the physical world the way you believe a confident person would.

Anything that keeps you from growing is never worth defending.

Your reputation is in the hands of others. That's what a reputation is. You can't control that. The only thing you can control is your character.

There are two ways to look at virtually anything. One is the violent way, and one is the peaceful way. It's the yin and yang of the universe.

Your opinions are trivial, but your commitments to them make all the difference in the world.

When you live on a round planet, there's no choosing sides.

The total being called human being cannot function harmoniously when its components are in conflict.

My belief about compassion is summed up by the old saying, "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day; teach a man to fish and he eats for a lifetime.".

Tuesday's was my favourite for the week. Sometimes I'm reluctant to move on from things for fear of change or just general uncertainty and I procrastinate from kicking into gear.

I thought Saturday's was a bit cheeky. I like it. Here's to another week as we leave January and really get 2013 into gear!

***
Why?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment