Friday, January 11, 2013

Big day of reveals

Three discussions up tonight...

#1: OSCAR NOMINATIONS

Big day today, with Oscar noms first announced during my slumber. Going through the nominations I was a bit nonplussed about a few of the Best Picture finalists because they haven't come out in Australia yet (so I can only go on the hype).


Really interested to see Silver Linings Playbook now because of all the nods - go Jacki Weaver! She's hardly shown in the trailer and not even named as a major credit but she got nominated for Best Supporting Actress again. Woo!

I do agree with critics that are saying Skyfall missed out though. It got a few nominations but not in the 'bigger' categories where it would've been just as much deserving. I also

I don't like to pick what I think might win because I don't know enough about all the contenders. There doesn't seem to be an overwhelming standout for Best Picture but I'd love to see Argo win. Actor and actress I won't say - I haven't seen any of the Best Actress performances. How sad is that? I feel a bit pathetic.

Take a look and have a think. Let me know your Oscar picks!

***

#2: AUSTRALIAN OPEN DRAW

Now to tennis and the draw for the Australian Open has come out... I'm excited about the Open any given year, but this year for extra special reason.

I'm going!

So I'm anxious to figure out who I can see but I have an idea.

I'm going on day 2, night 4 and day 5 right?


Because day 5's only a ground pass, I'm focusing on days 2 and 4 where I've got Rod Laver Arena access. The second half of the draw features Juan Martin Del Potro, what could be a cracker between Gail Monfils and Alexandr Dolgopolov if I see it on day 2, Tommy Haas, Roger Federer, Andy Murray and of the Aussies Bernard Tomic and Luke Saville.

And that's just the guys. The second part of the draw includes Sam Stosur, Ana Ivanovic, Maria Sharapova (will bring the earplugs for that one), Venus Williams and Aussies Casey Dellacqua and newcomer Ashleigh Barty.

Not bad at all. Hopeful for Tomic to do well now he's made it to the Sydney International final, and just to see some great games. Shame Hewitt got 8th seed Janko Tipsarevic straight up, I think he's going to have a really tough task.

Tennis fans! Have a look at the full draws and share what you think!

***

#3: EXPEDIA BLOGGER SEARCH

Winners were announced today. I wasn't one, but I'm fair sure I was a finalist in the Lifestyle category. So I'm pretty happy with that result. Thanks for the votes guys!

***
Did you ever notice how difficult it is to argue with someone who's not obsessed with being right?Why?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment