Thursday, April 05, 2012


Going to New Zealand, I didn't really know what their national food was. I soon learnt that the Maori had the traditional hangi (roast and kumara cooked in stoves in the ground, which is pretty amazing), and of course pavlova. I had what was hands down the best pavlova of my life after said hangi, they know what they're doing at Mitai.

I got to Christchurch some days later and thought I'd ask my friend if there was anything I was missing. I'd had L&P (for a soft drink veeeery drinkable) and the obligatory 'fush n chups' as well, so thought I had it covered. Then Kelsey told me there was hokey pokey ice-cream, and Pineapple Lumps.





I never got to trying the ice-cream, but these... wow, totally addictive. And I'm usually a solid-chocolate girl.

Pascall are the shiz when it comes to marshmallows so I was confident they'd taste good. Chewy pineapple covered in chocolate they are, and you can't stop at just one. I ate one packet by the time I left, and made sure I came home with plenty. I was also told to freeze some and eat them cold, something I'm still yet to try.

And just so you know how important these lollies are to the Kiwis...


Love it.

I thought that was it. And then right at the end another friend Georgia mentioned Chocolate Fish. Awesome marshmallow in chocolate. Very tasty.




Moral of the story: their chocolate is good. I find it fascinating that these are NZ specialties, so close to home but non-existent in Australia :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment