Friday, April 06, 2012

I'm always conscious of the shoes I wear to work, for suitability (re: practical) circumstances, etc. It had particularly been on my mind since the great quote below surfaced on my calendar a fortnight ago.



I thought I'd add the bonus of 'shoe' in multiple languages for those who want to appear well-travelled and knowledgeable just like me, I certainly learnt! In Greek a pair of shoes is 'ta papoutsia' for extra credit ;)

***

Yesterday (Thursday) we were still receiving beautifully warm weather as an early autumn resurgence, and I saw these wedges hiding in the corner and decided I really wanted to wear them because of their recent neglect.



Every now and then it's great to work an outfit around your shoes instead of the other way round, so I kept it simple with beige shorts and a brown loose top. The shoes did get noticed, so they did their work and Koslow's theory proved true. Except that I paid about AUD$10 for these at the time from Target, so perhaps it should read: "Always wear nice shoes. People notice." Do you agree?


***

And so to Shoe of the Week. I imagine one of my aunties wearing these shoes, I think she would actually rock them, and I actually don't mind the style because they would look good on holiday in Hawaii or somewhere else that's tropically awesome.




End note: No review from me tomorrow night, I was given Easter off! But more of New Zealand makes you still to come :D



0 Comments:

Post a Comment