Monday, April 23, 2012

WHY do I have to be tempted to travel all the time? And WHY does it have to come to me in the form of a physical letter which I can't just 'delete'?



American Express have an alliance with Qantas Frequent Flyer to present what they see as the ultimate membership credit card, and the letter telling me this is still lying on my kitchen table.

I've never had a credit card. The only reason I even have a Debit card is to purchase things online, but nevertheless it's still my own money. If I had a credit card I would turn into someone fairly nasty as well as terrible with financial management I imagine.

But it's still there. And I've really considered crossing that line.

Leaving a capital city reminds you of what you usually take for granted. There you have access to cheaper flights where Qantas doesn't even cross your mind as a first choice. Living regional where the only options are Qantas and Rex, getting those points - for whatever purpose - becomes a much higher priority.

The thought of earning more excites me, although deep down I know I'll be waiting at least another year before they're able to be used on a flight. Now I'm just wishfully thinking of where I would go...

No, I have to throw this out. Right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment