Thursday, April 12, 2012

But at the same time I think they kind of are...

Putting things into context, I always had the idea that the Kiwis were similar to Australians, which they definitely are in their laidback atttiude. But among other things, sampling the best of the sweet stuff in New Zealand made me realise that they do have their differences.

Except for when it comes their news.

While a story of how one parent was petitioning for bail laws to be changed was worthy of nationwide news and a lead, it fell second best all day to showing Australian reports of Julia Gillard going head-to-head with Kevin Rudd for the leadership (again). They do have their own political parties don't they?!

Of course they do.

What I'm really getting at here is that sometimes, just sometimes I think they DO want our approval and to be connected to us.



We have rivalries, yes. They pay us Aussies out like there's no tomorrow, yes. And we give them a bit of a stickling too. But we help them. They WANT us there. We are brothers.

***

In totally unrelated, and now slightly untimely, news, I have to mention the madness that was what they dubbed 1D-Day. One Direction hitting Sydney yesterday was absolutely ridiculous. I'm six hours away and thought they were screaming right in my ear. I, like everyone else in my workplace, just don't get it. Perhaps if I was 14 again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment