Sunday, April 22, 2012

Baking a cake is fun

I'm in the process of baking a cake as I write this so I thought I'd let you in on my newfound talent. Nothing fancy, but I make a good cake. At least in the eyes of my workmates...

Cake one was a simple creation, using almond meal, sugar and eggs as well as chucking pureed apple in which you couldn't really taste anyway. The winner was my own icing mix of mascarpone, icing sugar and cream. This is the cake I'm making again except without the special icing and seeing how a banana fares instead.





Next was at Christmas when I assisted my mum in making a cake for our feast. With strawberries and cream it was excellent.





There was a lemon cake next, but that presented difficulties when I produced an icing too runny that was oozing all over my benchtop and sticking. I was in a rather shitty mood so I didn't think it was worth a photo.

Sadly, I didn't even get to taste the cake because I took it to work only to fall ill and go home for the day before it was eaten. So good no-one thought to save me a piece apparently. I was asked for the recipe of that one too. I should make it again.

I also made a mean banana and coconut cake after a recipe steal from a workmate. I remembered the egg in my version though so I won that round.

***

Back on form for Easter when I came up with this mutha. Chocolate cake with Nutella spread over the top. YUM.


That was meant to be my last cake for a while, but I needed to use up ingredients. After this I should stop or I'll make people fat.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment