Sunday, May 13, 2012

This is the fourth post in a series about the Eurovision Song Contest. If you don't know what that is I strongly suggest you follow my posts. You'll learn a lot.

European tastes differ largely to Australian fare in the fashion stakes. There have been some crazy outfits over time.

Verka Seduchka of Ukraine in 2007

 
Zdob Shi Zdub of Moldova in 2011

Daniel Diges of Spain had a crazy entourage in 2010

But what Penny pointed out to me within the first couple of years sticks the most; white is a particularly popular choice for costume designers.

So much so that I've taken to doing a white count in the last few years, just for personal use. Pretty sure around 2009 or 2010 there were at least 12 with white somehow a feature in their clothing. Let's take a look back.

 
First, the jeans and white top combo, simple and effective.

t.A.T.u for Russia in 2003

Sakis Rouvas for Greece in 2004


Dima Bilan in 2006, where he sang my favourite Eurovision song ever


My favourites, Bilan and Rouvas, are repeat offenders with their costuming choices as we move onto the full white.


Bilan again in 2008 when he won for Russia

Rouvas again in 2009

Ell and Nikki of Azerbaijan won in 2011

D'Nash of Spain in 2007

Need I say more?

Tell me, is there an excellent example that I missed?
  
I'm always reminded of Eurovision when I think of flowy white garb. So much so that I couldn't help but laugh to myself when I saw this white-only clothing store in Nice one time. So European.



*If there's something you want me to write about within my Eurovision series, I would love any suggestions. Otherwise please share my stories or provide some feedback if you can :)
-------

*I have two photos entered in the current Qatar Reflections competition. Please show your support for me by voting for either photo! Short backstory and links here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment