Sunday, May 27, 2012

You don't buy shoes, that's for sure.

I LOVE shoe shopping, but when it comes to investing in a pair of boots I'm really antsy about it. I can't bring myself to invest in an expensive pair of black flat boots, I just can never be settled on wanting a certain toe (round or point, definitely not square, had a pair of those once and never again), and finding nice mid-calf ones is difficult.

I did manage to find some, but not in my size. I'm hoping to actually get a call when they come in. And they're much cheaper than a real leather pair worth $170 I tried on and liked but was unsure about (whether I would over anything else).

But I walked through the door back home in the afternoon with a bag in hand...




So these are clearly not shoes. And living close to the Outback as I do (now)... why on Earth would I need snowboarding pants?

I'VE NEVER TOUCHED REAL SNOW.

Funnily enough, I'd only had a discussion with Jess last week about a possible weekend away to the snow, Thredbo or somewhere, after she expressed wanting to go again. When I saw these in a travelling warehouse sale that had just opened (as part of a break from shoe-hunting, yes), I had to try them on. With three other pairs.

I realised when I got home that they are Quiksilver. Not Roxy. So I've bought male pants. I DID know they were a teen size (16 FYI), but they were more loose than the others. Learnt snowboarding pants generally are over skiing pants which makes sense with flips and such.

But I liked these, even if they are a tiny bit loose up top (there's velcro and belt loops there though so an easy fix). They were more comfortable, and a great neutral colour. AND because they're a kids sizing they were a LOT cheaper. The only pair of the sort, I scored these for $45! I'm looking at this as a possible future investment. I told Jess and she informed me she would be looking for trips by day's end. Win.

***

I had better luck with my Shoe of the Week, a delay warranted by the weekend's Eurovision Song Contest. So much luck I really wanted to share two with you. Just look at these!




Shoe number one is straight out of The Wizard of Oz/Wicked. Glinda the Good, hello?! I can't imagine how I'd wear them, unless it were with a flowy/poofy pink or white dress. They ARE generally more wearable than the other shoe I've shared here. In Eurovision week, I got a few kooky shoes on my fridge to go with it, and this is the best example of that. A flower in a clear heel? Ah, now I've seen it all.

Shoe of the Month's in the next instalment :D

-----

*I have two photos entered in the current Qatar Reflections competition. Please show your support for me by voting for either photo! Short backstory and links here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment