Friday, May 18, 2012

Shoes and illusions

My shoe of the week is pretty poor... I can't believe it's mid-May and there's really not much improvement in the quality of shoes I'm seeing on my fridge every day.

 

 

If I stare too long I might get lost in Hell and it wouldn't be an illusion.

***

I went home for the first time since the move last weekend for a lovely secret getaway, and with the limited space of an overnight bag I still managed to bring two new pairs of shoes for the Dubbo collection.  I'd missed both of these, the T-bar heels not worn a lot for lack of appropriate events. They are office shoes in every way - I can't walk for long for my toes being squished into playdough, but pain is beauty when it comes to footwear.


 


Moving forward on the subject of pain, returning to the bulk of my collection was really difficult. I sat and stared at them longingly on walking into my room, just needing a moment to reassure myself that they will be worn again one day where it is appropriate. Just look at them all lonely in there...

 


 
Is anyone else in a similar situation where they're separated from possessions they love? It's okay to be materialistic sometimes!

 
-------

*I have two photos entered in the current Qatar Reflections competition. Please show your support for me by voting for either photo! Short backstory and links here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment