Friday, May 04, 2012

May the 4th be with you

Oh I had to do it... Happy Star Wars Day everyone!

I can't say I'm marking the day with anything this year besides the acknowledgement. The closest I'll be to intergalactic war is reading about Prometheus in my just-arrived new issue of Empire.




But I love that there's a Star Wars Day. I was brought up on the original trilogy as a kid and then eagerly awaited the release of the prequels. Actually, the first issue of Empire I ever bought had Darth Vader's mask on the cover and a massive feature on Episode III. In a way buying that issue kickstarted my real interest in film.

I had a recent Star Wars related moment in Melbourne on the tail-end of my recent holidays. With two friends, we find ourselves in a sock shop with crazy tights and the like, perusing before I spot a small book propped up on the counter displaying their Man of the Day.

Then I was told I could pick it for that day.

It was hard. All the gorgeousness of yesteryear in one book. Rob Lowe. Tom Selleck. Kiefer Sutherland... but with some guidance I finally decided on one Mr Han Solo.



The choice was loved by the staff and I walked away gladly knowing there is love there for Han. Look at his face. Charmer.

***

To other news:

- I read The Hunger Games (book one) over the last week as almost the last of my half of the newsroom, and I'm SO excited about reading the other two now. I did things the wrong way round and saw the film first but reading the book I was still sad even though I knew what was coming. And the romance - wow. Knew all about that too but now I like Peeta a LOT more. I love that I'm getting excited about reading for pleasure again proper now!

- Because it's Friday night I have to present my Shoe of the Week. And this week it's also time for Shoe of the Month.

For this week there is two. The first because they would actually look great on a flamenco dancer which I respect, and the second because they would make for interesting bridal shoes. Thoughts anyone?




Shoe of the Month is...


This was a previous Shoe of the Week... looking back, April was a bit of a failure. I still think these could be made to look good.

-------

*I have two photos entered in the current Qatar Reflections competition. Please show your support for me by voting for either photo! Short backstory and links here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment