Sunday, June 10, 2012

A momentous day



That's how I should feel today, for more reasons than one. Triumph has been so close to my grasp for some time, and that momentous day has come. But at the same time I have just as many reasons to be shitty.

First things first. I cleaned the unit today. I went all out. I even changed a toilet seat (the old one had served its time, now I have a shiny brand spanking new one). The only thing I didn't get to is the shower, but I did that last week anyway... the point is, I spent five hours doing that. For a one-bedroom unit. I have NO idea how it took me that long. There goes my morning.

So that's good right? Something that has to be done, yada yada. But taking that long put me in a shitty mood - I missed going to a friend's birthday barbecue and felt terrible for it too. The worst thing of all though is that during the process my bathroom developed toilet leakage problems. Flushing does not bode well for my bathroom right now. Luckily I bit the bullet and went straight to calling a plumber. Good thing I did (he's coming tomorrow morning before I go to work - yes, I work public holidays), my agent's mobile is apparently disconnected. That's such a help.

***

But in happier news: I FINISHED MY EUROPE 2011 DIARY.




In April I wrote about my procrastination of filling in the blanks after returning from New Zealand. Unlike there and my 2010 Europe trip where I finished them relatively quickly, there was a lot more for me to do. Relative to the amount of time I spent there of course, but still. Writing it out is how I process. And it's done. Months of chipping away... thank goodness for photos. That's a huge weight off my shoulders! So therefore I should feel on top of the world. Or on top of Edinburgh as the photo shows. I'm going to end this on that thought.



-------

*I have two photos entered in the current Qatar Reflections competition. Please show your support for me by voting for either photo! Short backstory and links here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment