Tuesday, June 26, 2012

They make me look foolish!

I'm going to tell you a story that I find hilarious because it's about one of those blonde moments you have that are more ridiculous than your average slips.

I went to drive to soccer training last Wednesday night, and going out to the back where my car usually sits, I discovered it wasn't there.

I was dumbfounded.

What was more confusing was that none of the three cars were under the carport as they normally are so my brain was going into meltdown thinking there'd been a mass exodus by way of theft. But then I saw my neighbour's ute parked right on the space by the clothes line, and then my other neighbours happened to pull up in the driveway just as I thought to myself "OK, so maybe someone moved them all out for work out here or something". No-one else has a key to my car. Doiiiing.

Tense seconds pass as I ask my neighbour twice "Where is my car?" He's looking at me with a blank expression, jaw slightly open, and my brain's still mush.

Then I remember.

Instead of the regular walk to work the day before I'd decided to drive. And that's where my car had been for the last 36 hours or so.

Ohhhhhhh my gawwd. That's why I don't drive. I FORGET that I do and still walk home. And what was worse on realising that was that I looked like a fool with my dark blue Bruce Lee kung-fu shoes paired with my orange socks and shorts and I was NOT prepared to walk down the main street looking as I did. Luckily my neighbour offered to take me to my car and I got to training on time. Laughing my head off at the whole situation.

Damn shoes could've made me run late if they couldn't take me, I would've had to change.

***

And on that segue I'm giving you a terribly late Shoe of the Week. It's not the worst of them all, but it reminded me of Snow White, which was interesting because Snow White and the Huntsman was my review of the week.




But this one was worthy of mention for its quote. There is never too much love to share. Just not these - whoever created them can keep them. Hopefully locked away or restricted to a Barbie doll size.




-------
*I have two photos entered in the current Qatar Reflections competition. Please show your support for me by voting for either photo! Short backstory and links here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment