Monday, June 11, 2012

I was watching Prime7 News just before and the newsreader distracted me from writing this because he was cracking jokes while reading out the weather. Ah, Daniel Gibson...


"And at Lithgow, it's so cold that the number dropped off... see that red square there that's empty (on screen with number not put in). Actually, that's not why, that's a lie." AHAHAHAHAHA.
Some might say "That's what I have for local news.". But it's actually not that bad, you can't help but laugh. It's just hilarious that he can get away with it. I found out that before last year he was only a weatherman, which explains a bit.

***

Anyway, what I wanted to write about is that now the weather is taking a turn for the worst, I'm taking part in a library reading program for the first time! There's at least 1000 people doing it, how exciting.

 
It's not difficult, just read ten books or read for ten hours over about two months, log it, and receive a library bag and a mug with a few treats in it. Not difficult now anyway, I've managed to already log two hours in a week or so. OK, so I could never read 10 books in that time, I have too much TV etc to get through. But I'll be putting up what I read at the duration and I'm glad I'm giving it a crack. It's all part of me getting back into appreciating the written word for pleasure!

Have you taken part in a reading program? Did you manage to go one better than me and read a whole bunch of books?

-------
*I have two photos entered in the current Qatar Reflections competition. Please show your support for me by voting for either photo! Short backstory and links here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment