Tuesday, June 19, 2012

I haven't had as much time to blog during the last week or two because my work routine's changing all the time and Euro2012 is messing with my sleeping patterns. But anything goes for some high-end football. And what a great topic for post #200!

I've been let in on a little secret by a friend of mine in the States that has changed the way I watch sport forever.

ATDHE.

The guys at this directory website offer online live sports streaming for international sports matches through heaps of links. All for free, and only some with really annoying ads (like, popping up exactly when a goal's scored - twice - annoying).

It all started with my frustration at the crap highlights at 12.30am that Nine were showing of the French Open. They didn't even show Sam Stosur when she got to the semi-final. Booo. And unfortunately, although SBS are showing their hour-long highlights at a better time, their efforts at showing full replays come two whole nights after they've played which is really rather pointless if you've watched the highlights the night before.




So through this wonderful portal I saw all of Greece's group games - I was shocked to see we now have our own Cristiano Ronaldo in half-Uruguyan Jose Holebas. He's alright on the pitch though, and not irritating me like the prince does.

Actually, I'm also a bit surprised to see the amount of sleeves in the world game now. And no, I don't mean long sleeves on guernseys. Gross random tattoos yes, but the sleeve trend is obviously fast become a worldwide thing. I've been annoyed with this in sport before, but I just hope it doesn't totally take over the world game because then I'd just be really shitty. One must remember that it isn't a look for everyone.

A real highlight was Germany against the Netherlands. It was a great game, plus it was a chance for me to actually see Mario Gomez in action. The guy's a gun! And has totally great hair, I must say. I am a fan. There were a few good lookers in both sides, so that's always a bonus from a female perspective. Looking forward to the finals!

But there's so much I can see now. I saw the Socceroos draw with Japan - I can see our boys qualify on my own terms again! There's Wimbledon, although I think 7Two's going to be okay because the shift from Nine is promising, and the Tour de France if SBS for some reason fails with their broadcast. The possibilities are endless!

-------
*I have two photos entered in the current Qatar Reflections competition. Please show your support for me by voting for either photo! Short backstory and links here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment