Friday, June 01, 2012

Slipper dilemmas

Timely that I write this on the first day of winter (which I haven't been around for since 2009, feels a bit strange). But with the cold nights settling in quite effectively, I've broken in my new winter slippers. That comes with specks of tandoori sauce too it seems.




But if you look closer, it's had its issues.






I might be the most anal person in the world with this (I'd love to be proved wrong), but my right slipper is much more worn in towards the left than the middle like it should be. How does that happen?


I put my foot in straight and it still happens. I've tried just standing and purposely putting my foot on the right and it's like it refuses to budge. It just feels weird and it's annoying. Is there anyone else who has similar issues or am I just an idiot? Feel free to let me know.


***

Shoe of the week now, and while the choices included two pointy shoes with patent pink in some form I've gone with this one. I don't like wearing heels without a back for support, but if these had a back I'd probably actually wear them. I'd say they're very Asian or wedding-y, take your pick.







I don't know who the 'him' is in the caption though, I'd like to know some time.

***

And to our shoe of the month for May. While last week's good witch design was a top contender, I had to go back to the beginning of the month and give it to this one. Would still wear it as a wedding shoe for something different.






-----
*I have two photos entered in the current Qatar Reflections competition. Please show your support for me by voting for either photo! Short backstory and links here.

2 Comments:

  1. Sienna said...
    I totally agree! I have the same problem with my thongs! I wonder why?. P.S I have been reading your blog for over a year and want to tell you how much I love it! :)
    Katina said...
    Ahhhh thankyou Sienna! I thought I wasn't alone. Turns out my mum also has the same issue, she reckons she laughed at this.

    And thankyou so much for reading also, knowing you enjoy my blog has really made my day. I really appreciate feedback so pipe up or share me around whenever you please. If you have a blog too let me know :D

Post a Comment